The law practice of
Jonathan B. Kim, P.A.
employs a value-driven approach to address the strategic business objectives of our clients.
Our Focus is:
- complex capital market, merger and acquisition (M&A), and general corporate transactions,
- exit transactions and related liquidity events involving small to medium-sized, privately-owned businesses,
- expansion goals of start-ups and established companies, with a focus on high-level strategy,
- the formation of new businesses and business platforms,
- governance and the implementation of best practices across organizations,
- risk management, compliance and regulatory obligations, and crisis management situations,
- the identification and structuring of alternative and private investment opportunities, and
- board-related matters.
Jonathan is a sought-after speaker/panelist and the author of published articles on emerging legal and governance issues affecting corporations and their senior leaders.
He is a Practicing Fellow at Columbia Law School’s Millstein Center for Global Markets and Corporate Ownership and a Guest Lecturer at the University of Miami’s Herbert Business School in their Business Law Department.
His decades of board experience includes numerous roles in the corporate and not-for-profit sectors, including service at the Chairman level.
C-Suite Executive, and
Alternative Investment Advisor
Jonathan employs a concierge approach to legal engagements by assembling teams of experts. His list of Approved Co-Counsel and the financial specialists he works with on behalf of select clients has been compiled from his global network of blue-chip lawyers, law firms, and other professional advisors.
As the founder and principal of the law practice bearing his name, Jonathan and his trusted advisory, case management, and bespoke services as Lead Counsel to closely-held businesses help to contain outside legal costs and maximize the value generated through business transactions.
In the mid- and large-cap sector, his work with boards of exchange-listed and private companies—a number of which he has helped to take public—has enabled such companies to successfully implement strategic growth initiatives, both organically and via M&A activity.